Fast CGI with Python on UNIX and alternatives

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Tue Jan 7 10:13:28 EST 2003

Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com> writes:
> >Finally, I read in some articles that using <table> tags to format HTML
> >output is old-fashioned and that we should go over to CSS.
> Someday that will be true.  For now, any kind of tricky CSS does not work
> on a fair number of browsers.

As opposed to any kind of tricky table layout, which won't work on a
fair number of browsers. The claim that the author controls the layout
of the HTML is a myth. CSS tends to be more readable when it fails. It
also gives the user more control than tables. Both of these are
reasons to prefer CSS.

        <mike