Laura's List - was Re: new years resolutions

Michele Simionato mis6 at pitt.edu
Tue Jan 7 07:45:11 EST 2003

Ben Leslie <benno at sesgroup.net> wrote in message news:<mailman.1041872080.15063.python-list at python.org>...
> On Sun, 05 Jan 2003, Laura Creighton wrote:
> >
> > 1. preoccupation with cleverness as opposed to wisdom
>
> Care to expand on this point? I don't quite get what you mean.

My interpretation: you are wise when you are clever enough that you
don't need to show it. IOW, if you can, you choose the simple way over
the difficult way. I am sure people on c.l.py would say that
Perl is clever, whereas Python is wise.

Hoping having correcly channeled Laura,

--
Michele Simionato - Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
210 Allen Hall Pittsburgh PA 15260 U.S.A.