Scripting *of* Python

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Thu Jan 30 23:39:00 EST 2003

Andrew Bennetts wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 07:08:01PM -0800, Erik Max Francis wrote:
>
> > As much as I prefer to recommend this as rarely as possible, it
> > sounds
> > like a threaded approach might really be in order.  This sounds
> > really
> > like the case where an asynchronous framework (whether it's Medusa
> > or
> > Twisted or whatever) is going to be have problems because you need
> > to do
> > a lot of work in between asynchronous I/O polls, and the only
> > alternative is breaking the work up into chunks which then makes it
> > much
> > harder to read, debug, and maintain.
>
> That doesn't preclude the use of Twisted, though.

It doesn't preclude him from using Medusa, either, with just a little
bit of boilerplating to make sure that interactions between the working
thread and the socket are controlled with a mutex.

/  \ The great artist is the simplifier.
\__/ Henri Amiel
    Sade Deluxe / http://www.sadedeluxe.com/
 The ultimate Sade encyclopedia.