Outlook/Exchange CDO/COM questions

John Taylor john_taylor_1973 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 16 09:18:19 EST 2003

Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote in message news:<BSlV9.16324$UB4.73555 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>...
> John Taylor wrote:
> > I have 3 questions about the code that I am writing (posted below).
> >
> > 1) This code works on Inbox, but I really need it to work on the "Sent
> > Items" folder, but can not figure this out.
>
> folder = outlook.Session.GetDefaultFolder(constants.olFolderSentMail)
>
> should open it for you.

C:\code\outlook>python outlook.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "outlook.py", line 70, in ?
  File "outlook.py", line 65, in main
  File "outlook.py", line 21, in msg_info
NameError: global name 'outlook' is not defined

So I changed, 'outlook' to 's', which is in my code, but then I got
the error below, which I can't not solve.  Any other ideas?  FWIW, I
am running Outlook 2002 to a Exchange 5.5 server and python 2.2.2.

C:\code\outlook>python outlook.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "outlook.py", line 70, in ?
  File "outlook.py", line 65, in main
  File "outlook.py", line 21, in msg_info
NameError: global name 'constants' is not defined