Can't get Tkinter to work...

R. C. Ellis rcellis at email.com
Sun Jan 12 21:39:57 EST 2003

I've set the PYTHONPATH environment variable to include the path to
lib-tk, I've set both TK_LIBRARY and TCL_LIBRARY to point to directories
containing the appropriat libraries, but I still get the following
message following the statement: from Tkinter import *

File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 35, in ?
  import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for tk

ImportError: No module named _tkinter

If I could find any further information on configuring Python for tk I
would gladly try it - but I've run out of sources, and I can't cook up a
usefull google search.

Help.

RC