Unable to find solution to error: ValueError: math domain error

Mark Cooke mcooke at technology.serco.com
Wed Jan 22 03:57:10 EST 2003

Hi,

Sorry for the vauge title, I wasn't really sure what to put, I'm currently
running:

MailMan: mailman-2.0.13-3
Python: python-2.2.1-17
(These are the RedHat 8.0 versions)

I have manged to get it working, but I'm getting several errors each night
in my cron job, from two modules, that are responsable for moving unsent
mail.

Before anyone says post to RedHat or MailMan, I have, I'm using this as a
last resort, I have so far spent all week looking through 80% of the mailman
arives and RedHat 8.0 list and also filling a bug report with RedHat, and
I'm now at my wits end.

can someone, maybe a developer please explain what could be causing the
error and
(in plain exnglish ;), what the error means),as I'm just starting the learn
python and I know someof the basics.

sorry to sound desperate, but It's driving me mad, as I'm using standard
RedHat stuff, without any modifications to the source (apart from their
patches).

Cron <mailman at eir> /usr/bin/python -S /var/mailman/cron/gate_news:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/var/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 40, in ?
     from Mailman import MailList
   File "/var/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 36, in ?
     from Mailman import Utils
   File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 32, in ?
     import random
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/random.py", line 91, in ?
     NV_MAGICCONST = 4 * _exp(-0.5)/_sqrt(2.0)
ValueError: math domain error

Cron <mailman at eir> /usr/bin/python -S /var/mailman/cron/qrunner:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/var/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 84, in ?
     from Mailman import Utils
   File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 32, in ?
     import random
   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/random.py", line 91, in ?
     NV_MAGICCONST = 4 * _exp(-0.5)/_sqrt(2.0)
ValueError: math domain error

Thanks in advance

Mark C