CGI - client information

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Jan 5 19:04:52 EST 2003

Will Stuyvesant wrote:

> Alas REMOTE_USER and REMOTE_IDENT usually are not available, I would
> love to have them but I have no idea how to get those.

REMOTE_USER is present if your server is configured to perform HTTP
authentication (and the authentication succeeds).  REMOTE_IDENT is
present if the server is configured to respond to all HTTP requests with
identd lookups, which almost no servers are.

/  \ I'm spreading my wings and I fly / I'm still as the night
\__/ Chante Moore
    Bosskey.net: Return to Wolfenstein / http://www.bosskey.net/rtcw/
 A personal guide to Return to Castle Wolfenstein.