OT: PSP, XP, TDD and other methodologies for solitary programmers

James Kew james.kew at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 4 07:38:12 EST 2003

"Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message
news:3E15E739.95B69415 at engcorp.com...

> I would suggest checking out the basic "bug tracker" or similar
> tools that are available, pick a clean one, butcher it into something
> even simpler than what is provided, and work with that.  Almost any
> decent and *simple* bug tracker should be quite adequate for the purpose.

+1

I've found Roundup (http://roundup.sourceforge.net) excellent for issue
tracking on small-team projects: it's simple and flexible enough that it
doesn't get in the way, usable enough that developers take to it easily,
powerful enough that it's almost entirely replaced the impossible-to-track
email ping-pong we were doing before, and it's all Python plus Zope-like
HTML templaties so it's eminently customisable and hackable.

James