Best Python editor (under Linux)

Steve Lamb grey at despair.dmiyu.org
Fri Jan 3 14:09:08 EST 2003

On Fri, 03 Jan 2003 19:23:23 +0100, Martin Christensen
<knightsofspamalot-factotum at gvdnet.dk> wrote:
> What's more interesting, it looks like the vi camp is starting to chase
> Emacs, because the things that are being implemented for Vim is exactly what
> we've been doing all along for Emacs. Ironic, isn't it?

    I doubt we'll ever see a newsreader and email client in vim's scripting
lanuage.  BTW, pick one.  It has four that I am aware of and three of them are
discussed here heavilty.  Perl, Python and Ruby.  As I said before, it is the
penchant for craming everything and the kitchen sink into the editor which has
no business being there.

    To email: Don't despair!   |  -- Lenny Nero, Strange Days