killing thread ?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Jan 24 12:33:49 EST 2003

    Paul> On the Mac, you'd use SIGUSR2.  I don't see what's so hard to
    Paul> understand about this.  Threads are an OS-specific feature to
    Paul> begin with.  You have to expect the internal interface to them to
    Paul> also not necessarily be the same for every OS.

I don't think most people misunderstand what you're saying, it's just that
they have a different take on things than you.  Python tries very hard to
make threads less OS-specific.  That necessarily means you miss out on some
capavility.  Maybe that's not the way it should be.  If you'd like things
done differently, I suspect you'll have to convince Guido.

Skip