Best Python Editor (under Linux)

John Taylor john_taylor_1973 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 2 14:33:47 EST 2003

Johan,

I am also a big fan of Vim.  It can be run from the console or in an
xterm, but there is also a GUI version, that makes it really easy to
open/save files, copy/paste, find/replace, etc.  It has syntax
highlighting for many languages including python.  One really neat
feature of Vim it that it has the ability to turn your syntax
highlighted code into an HTML document, which is a really nice way to
post code snippets to the web.  Under Windows, you can use Gvim, which
is similar to the GUI linux version.

John