The Python 2.3 Method Resolution Order

Michele Simionato mis6 at pitt.edu
Fri Jan 10 17:53:26 EST 2003

I learned from the recent thread on multimethods that the method resolution
order has changed in Python 2.3. Now Python follows the so-called C3
linearization described in the Dylan paper

  http://www.webcom.com/haahr/dylan/linearization-oopsla96.html

However, that paper is not so clear (for non-lispers, at least) therefore
I thought it was useful to write down few examples to teach how the C3
linearization works. They can be found on

  http://www.phyast.pitt.edut/~micheles/python.html

I welcome comments and observations.

--
Michele Simionato - Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
210 Allen Hall Pittsburgh PA 15260 U.S.A.