ftpmirror_Login

Cousin Stanley CousinStanley at HotMail.com
Wed Jan 1 17:43:02 EST 2003

Happy New Year ...

I'm trying to test  ftpmirror.py  and having login problems ...

Using Win98, my normal ftp login via the Internet Explorer
address box is ...

     ftp://sckitching@fastq.com

    http://fastq.com/~sckitching
    Could the ~ Tilde character be a problem ???

I'm pretty sure I'm not coding the arguments correctly,
but haven't come up with a combination that works yet ...

I've looked at the documentation in the module
that explains the arguments, and just went through
six pages of  ftpmirror  related links for CLP on Google Groups
without finding an  ACTUAL  example of usage ...

Anyone have a simple example ???

It seems that using the  -i  switch
should prompt for the password ???

Following is the result of one of the many attempts I've made ...

Cousin Stanley

python ftpmirror.py -i -v -l sckitching ftp.fastq.com

Connecting to 'ftp.fastq.com' ...

Logging in as 'sckitching' ...

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "ftpmirror.py", line 774, in ?
    main()

  File "ftpmirror.py", line 147, in main
    f.login( login , passwd , account )

  File "K:\PYTHON\lib\ftplib.py", line 368, in login
    if resp[0] == '3': resp = self.sendcmd('PASS ' + passwd)

  File "K:\PYTHON\lib\ftplib.py", line 242, in sendcmd
    return self.getresp()

  File "K:\PYTHON\lib\ftplib.py", line 215, in getresp
    raise error_perm, resp

ftplib.error_perm: 530 Login incorrect.