Hacking Heaven - Leo+XEmacs Integrated

Aum spam at al-queda.org
Wed Jan 29 08:24:22 EST 2003

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:12:54 +0100, Andrea Galimberti wrote:

> Leo is really a cool editor, but it lacks all the vim key bindings
> (sorry, I'm part of the 'vim religion'). Is there a way to do with vim
> the same thing you did with xemacs?

Sure.
Leo comes with 2 doco files, in (of course) Leo format.
Open these up, have a read, and look up how to create a file called
leoConfig.txt.

That file allows all key bindings to be reassigned to whatever takes your
fancy. :)

> Maybe you can give me some hints about your code and I'll try to hack
> the Leo code to link it to vim.

With the XEmacs integration, I took advantage of the
'gnuserver'/'gnuclient' utilities. You can run the shell command
'gnuclient file1 file2 ...', and it's just like typing
'xemacs file1 file2...' except that the files get opened in an *existing*
instance of xemacs (provided that such instance has executed the
'(gnuserver)' function (usually done at xemacs startup).

I don't know if such utilities exist for vim. You'll need to investigate
whether there are any options to allow you to, from a shell, open new
files in existing vim instances.

Good Luck