Strange urllib and httplib problem

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Jan 13 00:15:03 EST 2003

Jesse Lawrence wrote:

> I'm trying to code something with either urllib or
> httplib.  No matter what I try, when I run my scripts,
> it  says the following:
>
> Enter an address:
>
> Just to try it, I enter an address, and then I get an
> error message telling my that it can't import name
> urlsplit.

Sample code?  Hard to say what's wrong without actually seeing the code
you're using and the site you're trying to poke with it.

The only thing that barely rings a bell is that the urllib.URLOpener
classes by default prompt you for HTTP authentication, but I've never
seen the prompt myself so can't tell you if that's what's going on here.

/  \ All the gods are dead except the god of war.
\__/ Leroy Eldridge Cleaver
    Bosskey.net: Aliens vs. Predator 2 / http://www.bosskey.net/avp2/
 A personal guide to Aliens vs. Predator 2.