Browser front-end, python back-end

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jan 29 11:51:46 EST 2003

"Changjune Kim" <juneaftn at REMOVETHIShanmail.net> wrote in message
news:b183jj$ss8$1 at news.hananet.net...
> > A downloaded Javascript or Shockwave game is literally a whole
> > different game.  But then the browser is being used as the engine
as
> > well as the user interface (in which case, one might just as well
use
> > something like PyGame).  It seemed to me that the OP was talking
about
> > a HTML-served image-map game with the browser serving as just the
UI.

> JavaScript and Servlet can be as thin as possible -- a sort of
proxy. The
> server side does the rest of the stuff. IOW, the server can update
the
> html(as in DOM) of the client's browser.

Then it is not a downloaded game.

Perhaps it is possible to write a servlet that gets the updated html
and *smoothly* updates the screen without jerking the image around.  I
do not know.

What I do know is that paid professional programmers at commercial
sites have written games that blink and jerk.  I was simply suggesting
to the OP that he not do the same.

Terry