trying to run boa: problem with stc.py / stc_.py / stc_c.py

Bjorn Pettersen BPettersen at NAREX.com
Thu Jan 2 10:40:18 EST 2003

> From: Stefan A. [mailto:sasoft at gmx.de]
[...]
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "Boa.py", line 184, in ?
> import Preferences, About, Utils
> File "Preferences.py", line 110, in ?
> execfile(file)
> File "/home/cruciatuz/.boa/prefs.rc.py", line 315, in ?
> from wxPython.stc import wxSTC_WS_INVISIBLE,
> wxSTC_WS_VISIBLEALWAYS, wxSTC_WS_VISIBLEAFTERINDENT File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxPython/stc.py",
> line 7, in ?
> from stc_ import *
> File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/wxPython/stc_.py",
> line 2, in ?
> import stc_c
> ImportError: No module named stc_c
>
> ### EOF ###
>
> I am not able to find out what stc_c is. I know about stc_.py
> and stc.py (the stc.py is just a wrapper for stc_.py, but in
> stc_.py is this stc_c is called, but i can't find it
> anywhere). I played with commenting out things in my
> prefs.rc.py and i renamed things in the stc* 's, but i just
> can't find out what's wrong(?)

Little bit of a shot in the dark, but I'm guessing stc_c is a shared
library containing a python extension and that you need to rebuild that
extension to make it work with Python 2.3a...

-- bjorn