Python / graphviz

Duncan Smith buzzard at urubu.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jan 16 12:39:34 EST 2003

Hello,
        Has anyone out there managed to build the python interface to
graphviz on Windows?  I have the SWIG specification file (gv.i) and
__init__.py from http://www.cs.brown.edu/~er/software/.  But I am having a
complete nightmare trying to build the extension.  I am using Windows2000
and have lcc, gcc, Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 and Microsoft Visual
Studio.NET, and SWIG-1.3.17.  I have installed graphviz-1.8.10 (Wise
Installation package) and I've downloaded the sources.  I've tried
everything I can think of (including reading the documentation).  But my
lack of knowledge regarding the various compiler options / building Python
extensions etc. has got the better of me.  Trying to rehash the Python
examples in SWIG hasn't worked.  It's been several hours now, so if anyone
can offer any advice I'd be very grateful.  Thanks.

Duncan