A few quick questions

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Jan 30 02:13:01 EST 2003

"Anthony Irwin" <anthonyi at toolboxsoftware.com.au> wrote in message
news:G63_9.5232$Tu2.18529 at news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Hi,
>
> I am Interested in learning more about python, I would like to know
how
> people feel it rates as an application development language. I
mainly use
> linux but also use windows at work.
>
> could anyone point out any good gui programming tutorials for linux
or
> crossplatform toolkits and also maybe some review articles on how
well
> python rates as a language.
>
> would it be possible to create programs like dreamweaver, games,
database
> business apps etc. Or is it more suited to smaller projects.

Short answer: Welcome, good choice.  Python is a great language,
perhaps the best.   There are several guis available, perhaps too
many.  Games, database, business apps, small and large are doable.
(Don't know what dreamweaver is.)

Longer answer: All of these topics have been discussed at length in
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=comp.lang.python
and entering 'Python' and another search term or two.  You can also go
to www.python.org and follow links there, including to Python wiki.
Or go to google web search page.  'Python game programming' gives
pygame.org as first response (as it should).

Terry J. Reedy