dynamic variables; globals

Chad Netzer cnetzer at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Jan 22 15:55:59 EST 2003

On Wednesday 22 January 2003 08:59, Jp Calderone wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 07:13:38AM -0600, Randy Heiland wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > Thanks.  And if I want to use the RExec module instead?
>
>   You almost certainly do not.  It is not secure, and in all
> likelyhood it will be removed from the stdlib in one of the next few
> releases.

It'll probably be gone by default from 2.3 (although with a little
effort can be re-enabled for those who really want it).

Guido is, apparently, hoping it'll become useful again, but someone has
to make the effort to "harden" it, at least back to the level it was in
the 1.5-ish days (it needs work to handle new-style classes, etc.)

--
Bay Area Python Interest Group - http://www.baypiggies.net/

Chad Netzer