OOPServer Released

Thomas Guettler pan-newsreader at thomas-guettler.de
Mon Jan 6 12:25:46 EST 2003

On Fri, 03 Jan 2003 21:28:42 +0100, Karsten W. Rohrbach wrote:

> Thomas Guettler <guettli at thomas-guettler.de> wrote:
>> The implementation of OOPServer is 100% Python and avoids DTML, ZPT and
>> Acquisition.
>
> Why would one want to avoid acquisition in Zope? It is one of the
> system's intrinsic features that brought me to Zope and kept me using it
> for all those years.

Why not use acquisition? I prefere inheritance!

Andrew Kuchling has put together a site "why not zope":
 http://www.amk.ca/python/writing/why-not-zope.html

A lot of his points are not true if you programm python
products (CVS, grep, ...).

Nevertheless Zope is a nice wrapper around ZODB. That's why I
still use it.

 thomas

--
Thomas Guettler <guettli at thomas-guettler.de>