Browser front-end, python back-end

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jan 29 02:13:50 EST 2003

> As someone noted in the thread, it doesn't need to be WRETCHED.
>
> Having JavaScript and Java(uh..Jython) Applet talk to each other --
and
> even talk to the server on another port -- the screen doesn't need
> blink.

A downloaded Javascript or Shockwave game is literally a whole
different game.  But then the browser is being used as the engine as
well as the user interface (in which case, one might just as well use
something like PyGame).  It seemed to me that the OP was talking about
a HTML-served image-map game with the browser serving as just the UI.

Terry