Please Recommend a C compiler for use with Python.

zenguyuno at yahoo.com zenguyuno at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 22:09:19 EST 2003

zenguyuno at yahoo.com wrote:

> I'm a has-been programmer.  I used to be quite skilled at C, but I
> haven't used it for 7 years.  I don't even have a C compiler!  The only
> language I currently use is Python.  I want to extend Python by writing
> routines in C.
>
> I use a generic PC running Win 98.  What's a good, Easy-to-use and
> install, ANSI C compiler?  I might mention that I mainly want to extend
> Python by writing routines in C.

Some peeps recommended the Bloodshed IDE.  I looked over the website
and got a good impression, and I like a good IDE, so I downloaded it.
I just tried it out on some real simple stuff and it worked fine.

I will let you guys know in a week what I think of it.

Thanks for the recs!

"The ad hominem argument is usually true." - Timin