Installing under webservers

Chris Lyon chris.lyon at spritenote.co.uk
Tue Jan 7 08:42:09 EST 2003

I have produced a set of python scripts which I wish to install
automatically from a CD under a web server IIS/ Apache across
different Operating systems Win/linux.

I have read the previous discussions concerning installation but
generally feel the solutions seem directed more towards executables.

Is there a tool I might have missed that might protect me from having
to construct an installation system that has almost as much complexity
as the system I am trying to install.

The scripts run as CGI scripts and settings in Win registry seem to be
required to  allow python CGI use on IIS