Python magazine(s)?

GerritM gmuller at worldonline.nl
Thu Jan 23 15:51:53 EST 2003

"Kendall Clark" <kendall at monkeyfist.com> schreef in bericht
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 06:46:49AM +0000, Robert Oschler wrote:
> > I know there some e-zines but what, no Python magazine?  I don't see any
at
> > my favorite bookstore.  Grab the pitch forks and the angry mob!
>
> The closest thing is Py, the print journal for Python developers (of which
> am the proud Managing Editor, FYI). We're not on glossy paper or newstands
> (yet), but it's an actual, honest-to-god print publication, which you can
> learn more about by visiting
>
>      http://pyzine.com/

<..snip...>

> Kendall Clark
> --
> Jazz is only what you are. -- Louis Armstrong

pyzine is a very nice initiative, quality of number 1 was great. From Europe
it is somewhat difficult to order and pay, which delayed my order for nr 2
and 3.

In earlier discussions I favored a price increase. Apparantly more people
did, the price did increase very significant. What I don't understand is the
additional price increase for Europe, I don't believe that the
transportation cost is that much more expensive (USA price=12$, Europe =22$
per issue, or 40$ vs 75$ for 4 issues).

regards Gerrit
--
www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/