problem with the if statement and elif

CIouded 0ne ciouded0ne at aol.com
Sat Jan 18 02:25:16 EST 2003

hey i have a question i look at the tutorials that come for download with the
python interpreter and whatnot and i can never get the if and elif to work for?
is there a trick to it even though i copy it straight from the tutorial? im
assuming i even downloaded a bad file or im doing it wrong and the tutorial is
wrong but i dont think  i downloaded a bad file because this happened to me on
all versions of the python interpreter. so any words of advice to help me out
would be appreciated thanx.