comprehensions was Re: Switch statements again

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Jan 20 01:04:29 EST 2003

Tim Peters wrote:

> The prospects for a conditional operator are dim.  Guido was
> interested
> enough to implement it in late 2001, but eventually rejected his own
> patch:
>
>     http://www.python.org/sf/471421

Pity that (and thanks for the reference).  There is always hope, though;
I seem to recall him at first being strongly opposed to adding bool to
the language as well (which I also gladly welcomed).  In fact, right
from the start of using Python, a conditional operator and Booleans were
the only tangible things I truly wished for.

/  \ A physicist is an atom's way of knowing about atoms.
\__/ George Wald
    Fauxident / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/fauxident/
 A "faux" ident daemon in Python.