Python vs .Net

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Wed Jan 8 17:56:52 EST 2003

> instead of returning a new matrix, in VB I'd have to use ByRef - and
> therefore would have to define both single and double versions of the
> function.

In VB, you could provide a single and double version, but then you would
not interoperate with new system types e.g. long double or user defined
types.

> I am also curious how your matrix_rotate code could operate on both a
> single and double-dimensioned array.  I would think that (in any
> language) you would need to have some logic to find out how many
> dimensions there are in order to process the information correctly.
> Take care,

I meant that the interface to the matrix would be the same (i.e. it
would look like a 2-dimensional array) but the array would actually be
implemented single dimensionally.

Cheers,
Brian