Overloading methods in C API

James Kew james.kew at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 19 15:20:04 EST 2003

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> unary and binary + should be considered overloaded operators.

Python thinks they're distinct: __pos__ and __add__.

However,

> My guess is that people who had formal training in a single language
> will associate any term with the definition that this term had for
> this language.

You're right: my C-with-a-smattering-of-C++ background is showing and I was
interpreting "operator overloading" as "overloadable by the programmer". A
tip of the hat to you and Grant for demonstrating to me how it can have
wider meaning.

--
James Kew
james.kew at btinternet.com