Python web development, really

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Fri Jan 24 08:56:54 EST 2003

Afanasiy wrote:
> Webware is it's own daemon which would run behind Apache?
> So..., stability depends on another daemon, one with much
> less testing than Apache? Does it use lots of 3rd party
> Python modules/code to provide this daemon?

Depends how complicated the daemon is, though; if it's a simple daemon,
it's not too difficult to get it right and reliable.  For example, SCGI
was originally written because about once a week Apache's mod_fastcgi
would hang, and attempts to replicate or debug the problem went nowhere.
  I can't recall having any problems with SCGI once it went into
production use.

--amk                                                    (www.amk.ca)
Right, freeze! I mean, don't freeze, I mean stand still!
       -- Ace, in "Dragonfire"