Introduction object-oriented programming

Tony Clarke a.clarke11 at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 17 15:17:17 EST 2003

"rzed" <Dick.Zantow at lexisnexis.com> wrote in message news:<b0969p$43v$1 at mailgate2.lexis-nexis.com>...
> "Wouter van Marle" <wouterm at spammers-unite-here.com> wrote in message
> news:b08ank$dak12 at imsp212.netvigator.com...
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Can anyone recommend me an introduction on object oriented
>  programming in
> > general, and the trick in Python? Preferrably tutorial on the web or
>  so.

(snip)
Hi
One of the most useful tips is to write out a problem statement as
concisely and comprehensively as you can.

Then for each noun in that text, substitute an object (usually, but
not always, a class), and for each verb substitute a method, or class
function.(See p 174 Learning Python)

And that is it! Write and test it a bit at a time, amending as
necessary, it works for me.
Best wishes

Tony Clarke