Jython/Python Libs

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Tue Jan 7 22:13:47 EST 2003

TimC wrote:
> I don't think that this is as simple as it sounds: Jython comes with
> different *versions* of some standard libararies and therefore behaves
> differently from Python distributions (I've noted this in relation to
> XML where jython has some old modules from PyXML that aren't in a
> standard Python release and don't work the same as the more recent PyXML
>   - try looking at the DefaultHandler in saxutils).

I disagree, because it didn't "sound easy" ;-)
That's why I thought I'd ask before trying it.

If things are too flakey, I'm content to ignore them. What I want is to
document what parts work correctly.  I have a specific project (Zapplets)
that will need a must-run-on-both coding standard, and it would obviously
make things more feasible if I can come up with a procedure for checking.

In all probability, I don't need anything obscure. The most annoying thing
is the GUI environment, but I have a plan to solve that already (I posted
about this late last year, so I won't repeat).

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Terry

--