Automating Web Interfaces with Python

Rick Richardson rrichardson at eti-main.enabletech.com
Tue Jan 14 14:15:20 EST 2003

I assume by automate you mean create html forms that automagically post to
automagically generated receivers given some database or XML scheme. I'd
recommed XSLT for something like this. Python can manage the html file
generation/management processes for you quite easily.

Also if you're not stuck on JSP there is Zope, which many enjoy but I've
never used.
Another option, Twisted has created a really neat Widget/Gadget template
Model/View/Controller based web devel/deployment system. I have used that
one and I must say it's the first thing that's ever made web development fun
:)

I never did get into JSP much, most (free) systems were too hard to
configure and the servlet/bean/jsp
system was cool but just didn't feel right to me. But some people swear by
it, so hey.

g'luck,

Rick