portalocker in Win98

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Fri Jan 17 17:31:39 EST 2003

Richard Jones <rjones at ekit-inc.com> writes:

> This thread on python-win32 looks like it might have the solution:
>
>    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-win32/2001-August/000123.html
>
> (since I want a blocking, exclusive lock :)

You might also want to check out a few threads from comp.lang.python
in the same timeframe which covered quite a bit more ground:

Google for "group:comp.lang.python lock sheila" and check out the
first three threads.

A lot of what makes a reasonable solution depends on the core
requirements and granularity required of the locking.  Unfortunately,
the more fine grained and flexible you require the locking, the less
likely it is to find a portable solution.

--
-- David