[ann] Minimal Python project

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Jan 10 19:44:26 EST 2003

"Edward K. Ream" wrote:

> This announcement seems to be making a truly remarkable claim, namely
> that
> one could increase the speed of  C code by recoding it in Python and
> then
> applying Psycho to it.
>
> I am inclined to disbelieve this claim.  Why should Psycho be able to
> do
> better than an optimizing C compiler applied to hand-written
> interpreter
> code and/or library code?

I am inclined to disbelieve it as well.  I'm no expert in Psyco, but I
think its realm of utility may be being taken too far here.  I'm
reminded of the old gag about "It's turtles all the way down."

/  \ The more violent the love, the more violent the anger.
\__/ _Burmese Proverbs_ (tr. Hla Pe)
    Sade Deluxe / http://www.sadedeluxe.com/
 The ultimate Sade encyclopedia.