HOWTO : Py_CompileString !?!?!

Werner Schiendl n17999924.temp.werner at neverbox.com
Thu Jan 30 13:15:31 EST 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:54:56 -0500, Luc <acid_til at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

your script does not contain a syntax error.
You are calling a non-existent method, but this would not be detected until
runtime.

So the code compiles well and will cause a runtime error (probably
NameError excpetion).

If you want try your code for handling syntax errors in scripts, you can
for example omit the parentheses for the function definition (or add a
second pair like so: def test()():

This should return an error at compile time.

best regards
Werner

-- snip --