Distributing Python apps

Delaney, Timothy tdelaney at avaya.com
Mon Jan 6 01:02:36 EST 2003

> From: Norman Skrzypinski [mailto:zypin at sympatico.ca]
>
> In the end, I request that you very capable Python experts
> give me a way to give my customers a 750 KB app.

That type of attitude is only going to get people offside. None of these
python experts have time to cater to your specific desires - most don't have
time to cater to their own. If you want it done, you will either need to do
it yourself, or pay someone else to do it.

> That's not too much to ask, I think.  It's been done, by
> every other major software company.

Python is not developed by a major software company. And most programming
environments have considerably larger runtimes - for a *really* bad example,
look at Java. Perl is similar in size with its standard library to Python.

Despite the attitude, here is a link that you may find useful ...

http://www.pythonapocrypha.com/projects/pyco/

Tim Delaney