Which exception to use?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Jan 29 07:27:30 EST 2003

Chad Netzer <cnetzer at mail.arc.nasa.gov> writes:

> I do things like this for some library functions that I create (I
> welcome discussion about whether it is a good approach)
>
> class ArgumentError( Exception ):
>     pass

This *is* a good approach (IMHO), but you should consider deriving
your exceptions from StandardError instead (I rarely remember to do
this, either).

Cheers,
M.

--
 All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that
 the parts you are  reassembling were disassembled by you.  Therefore,