New Python block cipher API, comments wanted

David Mertz, Ph.D. mertz at gnosis.cx
Tue Jan 28 23:49:20 EST 2003

Paul Rubin <phr-n2003b at NOSPAMnightsong.com> wrote previously:
|So a new PEP would just be PEP 272 with the non-ECB modes
|removed, pretty much.  Does anyone seriously think that's necessary?

I *absolutely* think that is necessary.  Probably a revision to PEP 272
is more appropriate than an entirely new one.  But I would most
certainly want to see that revision in place prior to anything going
into a Python 2.3 alpha.  That's what PEPs are FOR, after all.

--
 mertz@   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/ THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:_/_/_/_/ v i
gnosis  _/_/                    Postmodern Enterprises         _/_/  s r