CGIHTTPServer and POST with Netscape versus IE

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Jan 6 22:34:44 EST 2003

Peter Hansen wrote:

> We've encountered a little problem in a test program
> involving the standard module CGIHTTPServer.py and a POST
> operation from Internet Explorer.

I forgot a possibly key detail: the server responds properly
when run under Linux, but fails when run under Windows 98.

Given that IE's behaviour is suspicious at best, it seems
likely that the fact that Linux works is either a fluke,
or a testament to some extra robustness therein, but does
not necessarily mean this is "yet another Windows problem".

If I'm wrong about that, please let me know.

-Peter