Socket communications

Stefano Covino covino at merate.mi.astro.it
Thu Jan 16 09:13:13 EST 2003

Thank you a lot for you ready answer.

Basically, what I want to implement is a very simple protocol. I need to
send fixed-length messages, and getting and answer again of fixed-length.
The communication should be effective on both side.

I do not know which protocol I should apply. This is the first time I try
study this problem and I am still lacking of even the vocabulary.
In principle a telnet (or ssh) like protocol should work, but I need an as
quick as possible connection. The messages are coming from previously
defines IP addresses, and I do not need to recognize the user.

        Stefano