Starting a python GUI from another python GUI.

Travis Beaty t_beaty at mchsi.com
Wed Jan 8 06:40:16 EST 2003

Hello Jens!

I'm an extreme newbie myself, however ...

Since you are developing in Windows, I have a sneaking suspicion that
its not pythonw generating the console window, but rather your call to
os.system().  In Python's win32API wrappers, they have wrapped a
function by the name of ShellExecute().  You can find the MSDN
documentation for this function here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/functions/shellexecute.asp.
  The Python documentation is here:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Python/Reference/Products/ActivePython/PythonWin32Extensions/win32api__ShellExecute_meth.html

Using ShellExecute() **should** keep the console window from opening,
but no guarantees.  (I don't have Windows, so I can't test my theory,
sorry.)  Hope I've helped.

Have a wonderful day!

Travis Beaty
Mason City, Iowa.