Using SWIG to build Python extensions -- help!

Bjorn Pettersen BPettersen at NAREX.com
Fri Jan 24 16:05:35 EST 2003

> From: Carl Bevil [mailto:carl_bevil at yahoo.com]
>
> Hello all.  I'm experimenting with using SWIG to build a
> Python extension.  I
> have a really simple C++ file that I'd like to extend Python
> with as a test.
>
> I'm building the interpreter as a library that I statically
> link into my main
> application.  Dynamic linking is not an option for my target
> platform, so I've
> downloaded the Python source code.  I'm using Python 2.1.3.
[...]

I've only seen statically linked extension modules created by a
"wrapper-generator" in Boost.Python
(http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/boost/boost/l
ibs/python/test/embedding.cpp).

Start at:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/boost/boost/li
bs/python/doc/index.html for the current docs if you're interested...

-- bjorn