Who censors python-dev Summary ;-(

Brett C. drifty at bigfoot.com
Mon Jan 6 15:49:01 EST 2003

"Wiktor Sadowski" <art at wiktorsadowski.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.1040207784.9877.python-list at python.org>...
> [python-dev Summary for 2002-12-01 through 2002-12-15]
> 1.version sent to python-dev at python.org
> >All was right with the world, more or less.
>
> >*But then Wiktor Sadowski commented on a checkin for `import.c`  and
>  how he
> >would like a better way to write custom imports.*  This led to Just van
> >Rossum to write a new import mechanism.
>

> 2.version sent to python-list at python.org
> >All was right with the world, more or less.
>
> >*But Just van Rossum didn't like the added complexity to import.c .*
> >This led to Just to write a new import mechanism.
>
>  Looks like I am on a BlackList ;-(

No blacklist, just a clarification of the facts.  python-dev gets a
copy of the newest summary a day before c.l.py and c.l.py.a get one so
as to allow the list to go over it and look for errors that I have
made.  This happens to be one of them.  Just said that he rewrote it
because of the added complexity to import.c, not because you made a
comment on python-dev like I initially thought.