php frontend, python backend

pedro alvarez dickerc6 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 30 12:28:07 EST 2003

claird at lairds.com (Cameron Laird) wrote in message

> Mr. Alvarez, I've rewritten this follow-up several
> times already to simplify it to the essentials.  My
> best speculation is that you will not need to in-
> volve yourself in PHP at all; it's likely that you
> can use Python, as you wish.
>
> Take these steps:
> 1.  Determine the operating system and Web
>     server of your hosting provider.
> 2.  Confirm with your hosting provider that
>     it supports CGI.
> 3.  Experiment with simple CGI to locate
>     a Python processor already available on
>     your host.  It's likely this will be suc-
>     cessful even though the provider says it's
>     unsupported.
> 4.  Check back here.  Even if every one of my
>     guesses about your situation is wrong,
>     there still are several ways to use Python
>     that might apply.

Thanks a lot. Very helpful. My problems okay now, in fact not a problem
but just confusion, because webhost told me i cant use python, only php.
But they dont know anything. And me too i dont know anything.
Just like in supermarket, u ask staff, 'have u got cabbage', and he says no,
then later u find it next to entrance. Like that.