Best Python editor (under Linux)

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Sun Jan 5 03:10:06 EST 2003

> On 5 Jan 2003 00:14:20 GMT, Bengt Richter <bokr at oz.net> wrote:
> > But if your application is mostly special-purpose editing, you can't just
>
>     That's just it, we're talking a mail or news application which does not
> have special purpose editing.  Create the application, call the editor.  That
> is the proper way to do it.

Editors were invented before we had window systems.  I think if we had
invented them in the other order we wouldn't have invented editors at
all, but just built editing functionality into our window system.  Probably
by building an extension language into our window system.  But then, I
am a mh user, who refuses to use a Mail system because I really want a
whole bunch of mail commands fully accessible from the shell.  What I
consider 'the ideal tool size' may be a lot _smaller_ than what you do.

Laura Creighton