python and html

Martin v. Löwis martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Jan 4 03:59:40 EST 2003

"Shaun Fisher" <shaun.fisherpmb at absamail.co.za> writes:

> I am very new to python and I was wondering if it is possible to use python
> script in html. How is this done? Any help will be useful. I will be using
> python on both windows and linux.

In general, no - this would needed to be supported in browsers, and
browsers don't support Python, in general.

For Windows specifically, you can use Mark Hammonds Python Scripting
engine, which is an ActiveScripting engine. With that, you can execute
Python scripts in all ActiveScripting hosts, including MSIE, which
then supports Python scripts in HTML.

If you are looking for server-side scripting: There are a number of
Python HTML template systems out there, e.g. Python Server Pages, at

http://www.ciobriefings.com/psp/

Regards,
Martin