comprehensions was Re: Switch statements again

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Thu Jan 16 18:41:48 EST 2003

Jack Diederich wrote:

> TMTOWTDI aside, I find filter and map much easier to pick out when
> reading
> through code.
> The actual action is hidden at the end, we're doing a filter()
>
> Less of a good reason, but map() and filter() exist in other languages
> so they are more broadly recognizable even to newbies.

I would hope that an experienced programmer would read the _whole_ line
before he makes up his mind about exactly what the code does.

/  \ Laughter is the only genuine form of applause.
\__/ Camden Benares
    Alcyone Systems' Daily Planet / http://www.alcyone.com/planet.html
 A new, virtual planet, every day.