A few quick questions

Cliff Wells clifford.wells at attbi.com
Thu Jan 30 01:09:32 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 21:54, Anthony Irwin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Interested in learning more about python, I would like to know how
> people feel it rates as an application development language. I mainly use
> linux but also use windows at work.
>
> could anyone point out any good gui programming tutorials for linux or
> crossplatform toolkits and also maybe some review articles on how well
> python rates as a language.
>
> would it be possible to create programs like dreamweaver, games, database
> business apps etc. Or is it more suited to smaller projects.

Not only can Python be used to do pretty much everything you want, it
can help you do it in a more flexible fashion and in a much shorter time
than most other languages.  It is certainly far better suited to large
application development than other languages traditionally used for this
task.

For an excellent cross-platform GUI kit, check out wxPython:

http://www.wxpython.org

I'd highly recommend downloading Python and wxPython, then giving the
wxPython demo a try.  You'll be pleased.

--
Cliff Wells <clifford.wells at attbi.com>