VPython and JPEG?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Thu Jan 16 06:07:35 EST 2003

Well this (if I understand what's wanted with "this") can be done with
PyOpenGL, and by extension OpenGLContext. I don't generate texture
coordinates for spheres in OpenGLContext at the moment, but
IndexedFaceSets in OpenGLContext, and geometry in general within
PyOpenGL certainly support texturing.  You can find code all over the
place to describe how to do texturing in OpenGL.

Enjoy,
Mike

>Justin Shaw wrote:
>

>>Does anyone know how to wrap an object in VPython with a jpeg image?  Like
>>say make a globe by wrapping a sphere with the country boundaries.  If not
>>VPython do you know of any other 3D libraries that can do that in python?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Justin

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder